WHAT: Mama’s Day 2012. More than 60 restaurants, hotels and catering companies come together for an evening of music, food and fun for Mama’s Kitchen, a non-profit organization which prepares and delivers nutrition-specific meals free of charge to men, women and children affected by AIDS or cancer throughout San Diego County. Mama’s Kitchen delivered their sixth millionth meal in March 2012 and the financial support needed to continue this work is crucial.
General admission tickets for Mama’s Day 2012 are $125 per person and will be $150 at the door. A limited number of premium VIP tickets are available at $250 per person.
WHERE: Hyatt Regency La Jolla at The Aventine
3777 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92122
WHEN: Friday, May 11, 2012 from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
BEST TIME TO COVER: 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. during VIP pool side reception/event opening.
INTERVIEWS AND VISUALS:
- VIP guests enjoy an exclusive food and cocktail presentation at the poolside RIVIERA Cabana Lounge, with a first-ever demo with Sam “The Cooking Guy” Zien and Ian Ward of Snake Oil Cocktail Company.
- 60 of San Diego’s top chefs from all areas of the county personally mingle with and serve guests savory and sweet selections, many especially created just for the evening!
- Photo Gallery Project, large scale portrait images of clients, donors and volunteers that will help guests understand the humanity embedded in Mama’s Kitchen’s mission. The gallery was created to educate and inspire others to give back to the community.
- Alberto Cortés, executive director, to speak about the need for support of meal delivery service for clients affected by AIDS or cancer. Cortés is also fluent in Spanish.
- Heather K. Bowden, event chairperson, can speak to the event features, the ongoing relationship with some of San Diego’s top restaurants and the Photo Gallery Project.
- An estimated 700 guests showing their support for Mama’s Kitchen.
MEDIA CONTACT(S): Scatena Daniels Communications.
Cell/text: Denise Scatena (619) 218-4889 and Arika Daniels (949) 338-6672.