WHAT: Serving Seniors to host Christmas meals full of holiday cheer for low-income San Diego seniors, who often celebrate the holidays without family. The menu includes Cornish Hen, Cornbread Dressing, Sweet Potato Casserole, Green Beans and German Chocolate Cake. Entertainment includes live music and singing. There is a large festive tree in the dining room, with centerpieces and linens on all the tables. Volunteers will serve the seniors their meals and visit with them on a day that can be lonely for many.
- Hundreds of low-income and homeless seniors enjoying a nutritious holiday meal with the company of friends.
- Volunteers serving meals, drinks, and dessert.
- Holiday decorations and a decorated Christmas tree featured in a state of the art community center designed for the needs of seniors.
- Seniors sharing their stories about the impact Serving Seniors makes in their lives and how a meal with good friends helps to combat the holiday blues.
- Volunteers can speak about the importance of volunteering and why they help.
- Paul Downey, CEO of Serving Seniors, can speak to the need of supporting seniors over the holidays.