WHAT: Home of Guiding Hands (HGH), an organization committed to providing marked community support, critical housing, and life skills training for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in San Diego and Imperial Counties, will be holding a holiday party for the individuals they serve.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT:
- This time of year, there are drives and parties for kids, seniors, and military. Consider working with us to celebrate the holidays for an underserved population in need of critical funds and support.
- HGH is holding 31 holiday parties throughout San Diego County. The organization has more than 200 people living in 31 residences throughout San Diego County.
- Many of the people the organization helps have limited funds and do not have family members nearby. The annual holiday parties provide a sense of belonging for both the residents and the community who help make the season a special time for all.
- These annual holiday parties allow HGH to recognize and give back to a group of people who deserve a lot of holiday cheer.
- The Greencastle Home currently houses four females between the ages of 28 and 60 and one male resident in his 50s. Each HGH home hosts up to six people at a time and consistently need basic necessities.
WHERE: Greencastle Home, 10939 Greencastle St., Santee, CA 92071
WHEN: Thursday, Dec. 17, 2015 from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. (best time to cover)
Dinner is at 5:30 p.m. followed by Santa Claus appearance and gift giveaway.
INTERVIEWS AND VISUALS:
- Margaret Hueppchen, volunteer, Home of Guiding Hands; She is a longtime sponsor and HGH Volunteer of the Year. She has been involved with Greencastle Home for more than 10 years.
- Santa Claus is coming to the Greencastle Home! He will be make an appearance at the party, delivering gifts and taking photos with volunteers and residents. There will also be a fun cooking decorating activity.
For more information on how to give to HGH this holiday season, please visit http://www.guidinghands.org/how-to-give/wishlists/ or call Pamela Starmack at 619-938-2855.