Thanks to six major supporters of the East County Family YMCA and its life-changing programs (Laurie McGrath, Tom Page, the Hendrix Family, William and Adele Woolman, the Thompson Family and the Center for Oral and Facial Surgery), YMCA Camp McGrath will feature the following:
- The Thompson Family Rock Climbing Wall: Standing over 50 feet high, kids and adults will reach new heights while achieving a sense of adventure.
- The Page Pavilion: This feature includes a rustic, camp-style amphitheater cooled by attractive shade sails that will gather over 250 kids for camp songs, award ceremonies, special skits and more.
- The Center for Oral and Facial Surgery Picnic Area: This area allows Y Camp Kids and Adventure Guide Families to enjoy the picturesque views under impressive shade sails.
- The GaGa Pit: A large octagon court utilized for a game similar to dodge ball. Kids will dodge, strike, run and jump to be the last person standing in this exciting and fun game.
In addition to the new YMCA Camp McGrath, the site includes a state of the art Sports Complex, a 35,000 square foot full-service facility with the Sycuan Wellness/Fitness Center, the Dallas Pugh Gymnasium, a Youth and Teen Development Center and multiple group exercise studios. There is also a member lounge and child watch center to aid parents while they workout.
WHERE: McGrath Family YMCA, 12006 Campo Road, Spring Valley, CA 91978
WHEN: Thursday, Aug. 6 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
BEST TIME TO COVER: Between noon to 12:30 p.m.
INTERVIEWS AND VISUALS:
- Members of the community viewing the ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the new outdoor recreation area.
- Laura Merritt, director of marketing, East County Family YMCA is available to speak about the new outdoor recreation area and provide insight on how the attraction will be a positive addition to the surrounding community.
- Rob Sauvajot, regional vice president, McGrath Family YMCA is available to speak about the addition of YMCA Camp McGrath and its impact on the Rancho San Diego community.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT: Local members of the Rancho San Diego community who already enjoy the McGrath Family YMCA will have the opportunity to use the various attractions added through the YMCA Camp McGrath. It will serve as a greater way for local families to bond as well as provide youth with a more vibrant, fun camp experience.
ABOUT THE EAST COUNTY FAMILY YMCA
The Y is one of the nation’s leading nonprofits strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Across the U.S., 2,687 Ys engage 21 million men, women and children – regardless of age, income or background – to nurture the potential of children and teens, improve the nation’s health and well-being, and provide opportunities to give back and support neighbors. Anchored in more than 10,000 communities, the Y has the long-standing relationships and physical presence not just to promise, but to deliver, lasting personal and social change. The East County Family YMCA operates the John A. Davis Family YMCA in La Mesa and the Cameron Family YMCA in Santee, as well as the McGrath Family YMCA in Rancho San Diego. For more information, please visit www.eastcounty.ymca.org