- This time of year, there are drives and parties for kids, seniors, and military. Consider working with us to celebrate the holidays with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities which is also an underserved population in need of critical funds and support.
- Many of the clients the organization serves have limited funds and do not have family members nearby. The annual holiday parties provide a sense of belonging for both the clients and the community who help make the season a special time for all.
- These annual holiday parties allow HGH to recognize and give back to a group of people who deserve a lot of holiday cheer.
- HGH is holding 31 holiday parties throughout San Diego County. The organization has more than 200 people living in one of the group residences. The holiday parties aim to garner community support to help all residents being housed by HGH.
- The Bisby Lake Home currently has three male and two female residents between the ages of 51 and 63. Each HGH home hosts up to six residents at a time around San Diego County and consistently need basic necessities.
WHEN: Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2015 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (best time to cover)
- Dinner is at 5 p.m.
- Santa Claus appearance and gift giveaway is at 6 p.m.
- Kirk Ehrhart, board member, Home of Guiding Hands (HGH)
- Edward Hershey, director of support services, HGH
- Members of the community, HGH staff members and individuals with specials needs celebrating the season, and decorating holiday cookies.
- Santa Claus is coming to the Bisby Lake Home! Dave Walker, HGH board of governors member and CEO of Avista Technologies, Inc., will be dressed as Santa Claus at the party, delivering gifts and taking photos with party attendees.
- Gifts have been generously donated by the community, from gift certificates to DVD/Blu-Ray players, iPods, CD/MP3 players with radio, and headphones; linens (kitchen towels, twin sheet sets and comforters; bath towels, washcloths); pots and pans, dishes, glasses, baking dishes, silverware, plastic storage containers; and gaming systems such as Wii, Playstations, etc.; Books, art supplies, puzzles, board games.
About Home of Guiding Hands
Home of Guiding Hands (HGH) has been committed to providing marked community support, critical housing, and life skills training for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in San Diego County since 1961. Currently, HGH offers a multitude of services ranging from Early Start, Respite, Independent Living, Transportation, Counseling & Family Support, and Residential Services, to nearly 1,600 infants, adolescents and adults. HGH is dedicated to maximizing the independence, productivity, and quality of life for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The mission of Home of Guiding Hands is to improve the lives of those we serve. For more information about HGH please visit http://www.guidinghands.org.