WHAT: The third annual Presidential Dining Experience, Opposites Attract, fundraising dinner organized by the Board of Directors for Mama’s Kitchen. The evening includes a formal, five-course dinner, chef demonstrations, take-home recipes, sommelier and interactive beverage pairing. All of the proceeds from this event help support the mission of Mama’s Kitchen to provide food to men, women and children in San Diego County affected by AIDS or cancer.
WHY: An elegant evening at Mama’s Kitchen showcases this great facility and the services Mama’s Kitchen provides. Mama’s Kitchen prepares and delivers three nutritious meals a day, seven days a week at no charge to men, women and children living with AIDS or cancer. Through the help of fundraising events such as the Presidential Dining Experience, Mama’s Kitchen is able to serve more than 1,200 people each year throughout San Diego County.
WHERE: 1875 Second Ave., San Diego, CA 92101. Parking in lot or on the street.
WHEN: Thurs., Feb. 24, 2011 from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
BEST TIME TO COVER: 6:15 p.m. to 8 p.m.
VISUALS & INTERVIEWS:
• Mama’s Kitchen simple kitchen and food storage areas transformed into an elegant dining room with seating for 80 guests
• A formal five course dinner and culinary demonstration by the renowned chefs of Dining Details
• Guests dressed in elegant cocktail attire
• Wine tasting and pairing instruction from one of the region’s top sommeliers
• Alberto Cortés, executive director, Mama’s Kitchen is available for interview. He is fluent in English and Spanish
YOUR ON-SITE MEDIA CONTACTS (not for public broadcast): Denise Scatena (619) 218-4889 or Arika Daniels (949) 338-6672