San Diego – Feb. 8, 2012 – Mama’s Kitchen announces a first-of-its-kind “Coupon Wars” contest to help fill the shelves at Mama’s Pantry with nutritious non-perishable food items. Between now and April 3, 2012, the public is encouraged to use coupons to purchase any of the items on the Mama’s Pantry Wish List and then bring the food and their receipts to Mama’s Pantry for counting and verification. The winner who saves the most amount of money using coupons wins the “Coupon Crown” and two tickets to Mama’s Day, San Diego’s premiere restaurant tasting fundraiser on May 11, 2012.
- Purchase any foods listed on the Mama’s Pantry wish list. The wish list may be downloaded from their website at www.mamaskitchen.org. Non-perishable food donation recommendations include the following: canned tuna or salmon, boxes of cereal, bottles of cooking oil, jars of peanut butter, jars of jelly, bags of rice, packages of dried beans, spaghetti sauce, canned goods (fruits, soups, vegetables, chili, pasta and beans), and small boxes of dry milk. Items should not be over-sized, but can easily be transported by Mama’s Pantry clients who often rely on public transportation.
- The person who saves the most amount of money using coupons wins the Coupon Crown and two complimentary tickets to Mama’s Day.
- Only food purchased on the receipts and donated to Mama’s Kitchen will count towards the winner.
- No expired food will be accepted.
- Store sales and specials will count toward savings, as long as they appear on the receipt.
- Participants must abide by the stores’ coupon policies
- Bring the food with the receipts to Mama’s Kitchen by Tues., April 3, 2012 at 5 p.m. Mama’s Kitchen is located at 3960 Home Ave., San Diego, Calif. 92105.
- For tallying accuracy, all food must be bundled with corresponding receipt
- All receipts must have the contestant’s name, phone number and e-mail address clearly written on them.