WHAT: Now in it’s second year, True North Tavern is set to host “Man Diego,” a bar olympics fundraiser event for men and women in a friendly competition to support Mama’s Kitchen in its mission to cook and deliver nutritious meals free of charge to men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS or cancer in San Diego County. Teams of two will compete in a tournament of bar games for the chance to win prizes and the title of Man Diego Champion.
WHY: A fun and exciting fundraising event engages the community with Mama’s Kitchen and draws attention to this great cause and the services the organization provides. Mama’s Kitchen prepares and delivers three nutritious meals a day, seven days a week at no charge to men, women and children living with AIDS or cancer. Through the help of fundraising events such as Man Diego, Mama’s Kitchen is able to serve more than 1,500 people each year throughout San Diego County. THE PUBLIC CAN REGISTER TEAMS AT TRUE NORTH TAVERN UNTIL 6 P.M.
WHERE: True North Tavern, 3815 30th St., San Diego, Calif. 92104
WHEN: Tues., March 27, 2012 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
BEST TIME TO COVER: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Teams arrive at 5:30 p.m. First round begins at 6:20 p.m., second round 6:40 p.m., third round 6:55pm, fourth round 7:10 p.m. Elimination rounds start at 7:45 p.m.
- Teams of two (men or “wo”men) competing in various bar games for the title of Man Diego Champion. Team names include Our Wives Made Us Do It, BROchachos, The Mustachios, Team Radio Sophie and more!
- Games include quarters, cup stacking, ring around the beer head ring toss, washer toss, billiards, and an eating contest to determine the team champions.
- Prizes from True North Tavern, The Art of Shaving, Urban Solace, Harney Sushi and more awarded throughout the evening.
- Spectators cheering on their favorite teams while enjoying food and drink specials.
- Alberto Cortés, executive director, Mama’s Kitchen can speak to the mission of the organization (He is also a fluent Spanish speaker).
- Team participants speaking on the importance of giving back to Mama’s Kitchen.
YOUR ON-SITE MEDIA CONTACT (not for public broadcast):
Denise Scatena 619-218-4889 / email@example.com / Twitter: @denisescatena